Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's Make a Top!

Switching it up from dress construction, I made a cute top the night before Thanksgiving to wear for Thanksgiving!
I used Simplicty 2154, a pattern I love, and will use again.

So, I altered this a bit, for times sake. The top is supposed to have 2 dart seams on the front and back, and to have a zipper on the side. Like I said, I started this the night before (to kill time while I made up my mind whether or not to go out, I chose not to..) and I wanted to wear it the next day. So, I cut out the darts and zipper, and made it so I could pull it over my head. I made a size 6 and it was perfect. Without the darts it certainly gave the top a different look than intended, but I still liked it. My only quarrel with this blouse is that it is short. Like, real short. I was attempting to do the same with this piece as I did with the black dress and have all finished seams. I was able to do that all over except for the bottom hem because I simply couldn't afford to lose any more length! So, it has a rather sloppy finish. I am a fan of this top though, next time I'll make it in white, add length and keep the darts and zipper finish. (I'll also use a fabric thats more drapey, the bow on this one is a bit stiff)

1 comment:

  1. It's super cute! Love it. Can't wait to try out this pattern too!

    ReplyDelete