Thursday, January 5, 2012

And now for something glitterly different...

One day while perusing the many craft sites I frequent, I came across a DIY for glitter heels, and not just any heels. Dorothy heels. As a typical girl, I grew up in love with the Wizard of Oz. I had the dolls, the outfits, etc. I even broke my collarbone while wearing my ruby red slippers by slipping down the brick steps in front of our house when I was... 4? So this project had my name written all over it. I promptly went out on a rainy day and grabbed some $7 heels from Savers, some Mod Podge and a container of red glitter.
I slapped a coat of mod podge on and generously sprinkled red glitter on. Once that dried I did it again. After that dried I sprayed them with a glossy waterproof acrylic spray and let them dry overnight.
Voila! Now I just need somewhere to wear them to... (also, beware, my kitchen was sprinkled with red glitter for quite sometime despite my own-and Dana's-attempts to clean it up.. it traveled to the living room area and the bathroom as well..)

(I wish I saved the link I used for this project.. alas, I didn't. I've come across many, many tutorials online since though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment