Sunday, January 8, 2012

Magnetic Cookie Sheet Calendar!

I wanted to make a calendar this year, rather than buy one, and I wanted it to be reusable. So I came across an awesome DIY for a magnetic calendar using a cookie sheet! And Then She Made... Magnetic Cookie Sheet Calendar!

This was a pretty time consuming project. I spent 2 days working on it, hunched over my coffee table for hours at a time. I wish I had spaced it out a bit more, because towards the end I was pretty over it. I'm really proud of how it came out though!

Picking out which scrap book paper, and numbers/letters and little add-ons was the first obstacle I encountered. It was really hard to choose! I picked up an awesome kitchen themed sheet in bold colors and based the rest of my design off that.

attempting to get the placement JUST right..
the little felt fruits just make me smile


And the back serves as a storage place for the extra months, holiday pieces and spare blank spaces!


This calendar doesn't allow you to make notes of dates to remember and whatnot, and my work hours change from day to day so I really need to be able to write them down and keep track. To solve this, I made a dry erase board out of a picture frame and spare scrap book paper from the project so they would match!

No comments:

Post a Comment