Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Gift for Nana

I knew I wanted to make Nana a gift, and I had been thinking of making her a bag. I had picked up Simplicity 2169 way back on some $1 pattern day at JoAnn's (where I had gone a little nuts and grabbed anything I even remotely thought I would use). I had originally picked this pattern for myself for the ruffle bag, but flipping through my patterns View C (top right) struck me as something Nana (a fan of Vera Bradley) would like.
I didn't really have any idea what kind of fabric to buy to make it, so I went into JoAnn's without a plan (which is typically NOT a good idea). I came across a really pretty blue and I immediately envisioned the blue kitchen my grandparents had when I was a kid, so I went with that. I LOVE the way this bag turned out. It was by far my favorite gift to give, and I'm pretty sure Nana was a big fan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment